Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa

Founded in 1792 by Father Junipero Serra, San Luis Obispo de Tolosa is a State Historical Landmark and one of the original Missions in California. Taking special care to protect the historical character and features of the building, Studio Design Group provided design for disabled access, HVAC installation, a kitchen remodel and fire safety upgrades for the main church structure, as well as the adjoining museum (former convent) and administrative offices. In 2008, Studio Design Group coordinated the work of preservation specialists including structural engineer Mike Krakower and the Architectural Resources Group on the seismic safety upgrade of the original adobe structure. This project also included repair and replacement of the main granite entry steps that were quarried from local Bishops Peak.

Back to Top